Setting up a company in the UK and employing someone from outside the UK will result in you needing to acquire a sponsor licence or alternatively an Intra-Company Visa.
Sponsorship Licence or Intra-Company Visa?
A sponsor licence is a licence granted to the employer by the UK Government’s Home Office that enables them to hire skilled nationals from non-EEA (European Economic Area) countries. Employers must apply for a sponsor licence and provide evidence of their eligibility and that they meet the strict requirements set by the Home Office.
An Intra-Company Visa, on the other hand, allows an employee to transfer to the UK from an overseas branch of a UK company in order to undertake work on a specific project or assist with setting up the company.
Paul Beare Ltd can work with you to ensure you have the correct licence and/or visa for your company. Our comprehensive support services include support in the following areas:
- Checking eligibility of the company for a sponsor licence
- Determining which licence is relevant to the employer
- Becoming your appointed representative to manage the sponsorship process on behalf of your company and manage the sponsorship management system (SMS)
- Applying for your licence on behalf of your company and gather all supporting documents
- Once approved, assign certificates of sponsorship to each foreign worker you employ
- Determine any additional immigration skills charges
- Liaise with any UK employees to provide the sponsorship certificate for their UK Visa application